There’s a good article in the June edition of Harvard Business Review on the ‘Six Ways to Find Value in Twitter’s Noise.’ Although written for marketers, I thought how, with a few edits, these rules are just as relevant to educators. My edits in blue.
1. Learn about the competitive landscape What are fellow educators/thinkers doing, saying and reading?
2. Look for unexpected themes What are the nascent ideas?
3. Dig deeper into the stream What discussions are happening in other learning networks?
4. Look for user experiences Learn from collective practice and wisdom
5. Learn why negative words are coming up What are the barriers/challenges all educators face?
6. Learn about conversation dominators How are educators engaging students – what tools are they using; what is informing their practice?